- Interim Department Chair, Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Courtesy Appointment, Department of Mathematics
Main Office1620F Howe Hall
Ames, IA 50011-2271
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1985
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1982
- B.S., Applied Mechanics, University of Cincinnati, 1980
- Aircraft and wind turbine icing
- Aerodynamic flow control
- Flow past unsteady surface actuators.
- Aircraft propulsion
- Grager, T., Rothmayer, A.P., Hu, H, and W.W. Huebsch, 2012, “Low Reynolds number stall suppression with dynamic roughness,” accepted, AIAA 6th Flow Control Conference, New Orleans LA.
- Rothmayer, A.P., and W.W. Huebsch, 2012, “Flow about large unsteady two-dimensional humps in a boundary layer,” accepted, AIAA 42nd Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit, New Orleans LA.
- Rothmayer A.P., and Hu, H., 2012, “Solutions for two-dimensional instabilities of ice surfaces uniformly wetted by thin films,” accepted, 4th AIAA Atmospheric and Space Environments Conference, New Orleans LA.
- Gall, P.D., Huebsch. W.W., and Rothmayer, A.P., 2011, Dynamic roughness as a means of leading separation flow control, to appear in J. Aircraft. Your manuscript is scheduled for publication in Volume 49, Number 1 of the Journal of Aircraft (January-February 2012).
- A.P. Rothmayer, and W.W. Huebsch, 2011, “On the modification of laminar boundary layers using unsteady surface actuation,” AIAA Paper 2011-4016, presented at the 6th AIAA Theoretical Fluid Mechanics Conference, Honolulu, HW, June 2011.
- A.P. Rothmayer , and W.W. Huebsch, 2011, “Interaction between two-dimensional Tollmien-Schlichting waves and vibrating surfaces,” AIAA Paper 2011-3923, presented at the 6th AIAA Theoretical Fluid Mechanics Conference, Honolulu, HW, June 2011.