Robert E Abendroth
- Associate Professor Emeritus
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering-Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983
- M.S. Civil Engineering-Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1968
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1966
- Steel Structures
- Integral Abutment and Integral Piers for Bridges
- Intermediate Diaphragms in Prestressed Concrete Bridges
- Stay-In-Place Bridge Deck Forms
- Aluminum Bridge Girders
- Composite Metal Floor Decks
- Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Award, ISU Engineering Student Council, 2005
- Joseph C. & Elizabeth A. Anderlik Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching in the Department of Civil and Construction Engineering, 1997
- Newspaper Announcements of Iowa DOT Research Grant, 1992
- Charles W. Schafer Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research, and Service, 1988
- Abendroth, Robert E., Greimann, Lowell, F., Phares, Brent, and Cook*, Ashley, E., Instrumentation and Monitoring of An Integral Abutment Bridge Supported on HP- Steel Piles/Concrete Drilled Shafts, Institute for Transportation (formally the Center for Transportation Research and Education), Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Iowa Highway Research Board (IHRB Project), Iowa Department of Transportation (InTrans Project), July 2010, 103 pp.
- Abendroth, R. E. and Greimann, L. F., Ductility- Limit States for Integral Abutment Piles, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Journal of Bridge Engineering, submitted for publication (2009).
- Sritharan, S., Vander Werff, J.*, Abendroth, R. E., Wasseff, W., Greimann, L. F., Seismic Performance of a Concrete/Stell Integral Bridge Pier System, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Journal of Structural Engineering, , Vol. 131, No. 7, July 2005. p. 1083-1094.
- Fanous, Fouad S., Abendroth, Robert E., and Andrawes*, Bassem O., Lateral Load Resistance of PC Bridges with Different Types of Diaphragms, accepted for publication as a technical note to the ASCE Bridge Engineering Journal, the reviewers comments are being incorporated into the paper for publication.
- Chang*, Byung-Ik, Phares, Brent M., Abendroth, Robert E., Wipf, Terry J., Analysis of Contact Stresses for Launched Plate Girder Bridges, Transportation Research Record (published on CD ROM), Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, January, 2005