Max D Morris
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering (Courtesy)
Main Office2103 Snedecor
Ames, IA 50011-1210
Other Office(s)3020 Black Engr
Ames, IA 50011-2164
Interest AreasDr. Morris's research is primarily focused on problems of experimental design, especially for studies involving computational models. Recent applications involve experimental design for response surface problems characterized by known symmetries among experimental factors, and experiments for evaluating and validating matching processes used in forensic science. The design and analysis of computer experiments (DACE), involves the planning/selection of "runsÃ¢â‚¬Â of a large computer model and subsequent examination of the resulting output to validate, calibrate, or develop relatively fast- running approximations of the model.
- Morris, M.D., Comments following Jones and Johnson, "The Design and Analysis of the Gaussian Process Model" Quality and Reliability Engineering International, to appear (2009).
- Morris, M.D., B. Dilts, S.J. Birrell, and P.M. Dixon, "Composite Response Surface Designs for Factors with Jointly Symmetric Effects" Technometrics 51(2), 109-119 (2009).
- Faden, D., J. Kidd, J. Craft, L.S. Chumbley, M.D. Morris, L. Genalo, J. Kreiser, and S. Davis, "Statistical Confirmation of Empirical Observations Concerning Toolmark Striae" Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners Journal, to appear (2009).
- Ostrouchov, G., W.E. Doll, L.P. Beard, M.D. Morris, and D.A. Wolf, "Multiscale Structure of UXO Site Characterization: Spatial Estimation and Uncertainty Quantification" Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment 23(2), 215-225 (2009).
- Morris, M.D., L.M. Moore, and M.D. McKay, "Using Orthogonal Arrays in the Sensitivity Analysis of Computer Models" Technometrics 50(2), 205-215 (2008).
- Drignei, D., and M.D. Morris, "Empirical Bayesian Analysis for Computer Experiments Involving Finite-Difference Codes" Journal of the American Statistical Association 101(476), 1527-1536 (2006).
- Morris, M.D., L.M. Moore, and M.D. McKay, "Sampling Plans Based on Balanced Incomplete Block Designs for Evaluating the Importance of Computer Model Inputs" Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 136(9), 3203- 3220 (2006).
- Morris, M.D., "Input Screening: Finding the Important Model Inputs on a Budget" Reliability Engineering and System Safety 91(10-11), 1252-1256 (2006).
- Morris, M.D., "A Class of Three-Level Experimental Designs for Response Surface Modeling" Technometrics 42, 111-121 (2000).
- Downing, D.J., V.V. Fedorov, W.F. Lawkins, M.D. Morris, and G. Ostrouchov, "Large Data Series: Modeling the Usual to Identify the Unusual" Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 32, 245-258 (2000).