J. Matthew Rouse
- Senior Lecturer
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office408 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Cornell University, 2004
- M.Eng. Civil Engineering, Cornell University, 1995
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 1994
- Extreme events engineering
- Accelerated construction
- Fiber reinforced and ultra-high performance concrete
- Structural performance evaluation
- Power transmission structures
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- ISU Engineering Student Council Outstanding Teacher in civil engineering, 2009
- George Winter Fellowship, Cornell University, 2002
- Cornell Graduate Fellowship, Cornell University, 1999
- Big 8 Conference Postgraduate Fellowship, Big 8 Conference, 1994
- Olin Fellowship, Cornell University, 1994
- J. M. Rouse, T. J. Wipf, B.M. Phares, F. Fanous and O. Berg. "Design, Construction, and Field Testing of an Ultra-High Performance Concrete Pi-Girder Bridge." Final Report, IHRB Project TR-574, Iowa Department of Transportation, January 2011, 82 pp.
- J.M. Rouse, F.W. Klaiber, and M.C. Currie. "Feasibility investigation of segmentally precast bridge piers for accelerated construction." Iowa Highway Research Board project report TR-556, February 2009.
- J.M. Rouse. "An alternative design approach for longitudinal loads." Edison Electric Institute Annual Convention, Denver, Colorado, October 2010.
- J.M. Rouse. "An alternative design approach for longitudinal loads." Midwest Electrical Transmission Exchange annual meeting, Pewaukee, Wisconsin, October 2010.
- J.M. Rouse and F. Fanous. "Design, construction and performance evaluation of a UHPC pi girder bridge." Iowa County Engineers Association annual meeting, Ames, Iowa, December 2009.
- J.M. Rouse, M.C. Currie, and F.W. Klaiber. "Self- centering bridge piers with structural fuses.", 2009 Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium, Ames, Iowa, August 2009.