Hyungseok David Jeong
- Associate Professor
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Director, Data Analytics Laboratory for Project and Infrastructure Management (DALPIM)
Main Office404 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
Phone: 515 294-7271
Fax: 515 294-3845
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 2005
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 2001
- B.S. Agricultural Engineering (Civil Engineering specialization), Seoul National University (Korea), 1994
- Applications of Data Analytics and Informatics to Project/Infrastructure Management
- Civil Integrated Management (CIM)
- Digital Project Delivery
- Data and Information Integration Models for Decision Making
- Visualization of information and decisions
- Infrastructure Asset Management
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- 2016 Best Paper Award, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE
- 2016 Joseph C. & Elizabeth A. Anderlik Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, CCEE, ISU
- 2015 Construction Industry Institute (CII) Distinguished Professor Award
- 2013 ARTBA Young Executive Development Program Fellow
- 2012 Williams Foundation Professorship
- 2010 Construction Industry Institute (CII) Outstanding Researcher of the Year Award
- 2008 Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Transactions Award, Best Application Paper in Operations Engineering
- 2007 Chi Epsilon Outstanding Teacher of the Year, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Oklahoma State University
- 1993 Outstanding Junior Scholarship, Seoul National University Alumni Foundation
- 1990 Admittance Scholarship, Seoul National University (awarded top two new students in the department)
- Guo, F., Jahren, C., Turkan, Y., and Jeong, H. D. (2016), Civil Integrated Management: An Emerging Paradigm for Civil Infrastructure Project Delivery and Management, Journal of Management in Engineering,10.1061/(ASCE)ME.1943-5479.0000491, 04016044.
- Abdelaty, A.+, Jeong, H.D., Dannen, B., and Todey, F. (2016) Enhancing Life Cycle Cost Analysis with a Novel Cost Classification Framework for Pavement Rehabilitation Project, Construction Management and Economics, 34 (10), 724-736, Taylor & Francis.
- Gardner, B. J., Gransberg, D. D., and Jeong, H. D. (2016) Quantifying Efforts in Data-Driven Conceptual Cost Estimating Models for Highway Projects, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE. 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0001174.
- Craigie, E. K., Gransberg, D. D., and Jeong, H. D. (2016) Cost and Scope Breakdown Structure for Functional Level Estimating of Consultant Fees, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2573, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C.
- Le, T., and H. D. Jeong (2016) Interlinking Life-Cycle Data Spaces to Support Decision Making in Highway Asset Management, Automation in Construction, 64, 54-64.
- Pour, S., Jeong, H. D., Liu, T., and Oberlender, G. D. (2015), Impacts of Unit Time Values on Bidders’ Competitiveness in A+B Highway Contracts, International Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 4 (5).
- Park, H., Ting, T., and Jeong, H.D. (2015) Procedural Framework for Modeling Likelihood of Failure of Underground Pipeline Assets, Journal of Pipeline Systems –Engineering and Practice, ASCE.
- Lee, K., Han, S. H., Park, H., and Jeong, H. D. (2015) Empirical Analysis of Host Country Effects in the International Construction Market: An Industry-Level Approach, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 142(3), 04015092, ASCE (2016 Best Paper Award).
- Woldesenbet, W., Jeong, H.D., and Park, H. (2015) Framework for Integrating and Assessing Highway Infrastructure Data, Journal of Management in Engineering, 31(1), 04015028, ASCE.
- Alroomi, A., Jeong, H. D., and Oberlender, G. D. (2015), Evaluation of Methods to Retain Cost Estimating Competencies Using Structural Equation Modeling, Journal of Management in Engineering, ASCE.