Arun K Somani
- Anson Marston Distinguished Professor
- Sproul Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs
Main Office4100 Marston Hall
Ames, IA 50011-2103
Interest AreasOptical fiber networking, computer system architecture, dependable computing and networking systems, critical infrastructure modeling Core Research Area: Computing and networking systems Strategic Research Areas: Cyber infrastructure; energy infrastructure
- Pratik Mishra and A. K. Somani, ”Host Managed Contention Avoidance Storage Solutions for Big Data,” in Journal of Big Data Systems, Springer Nature, 2017, 4:18. DOI 10.1186/s40537-017-0080-9.
- C. J. Kleinheksel and A. K. Somani, “Efficient Distributed All-Pairs Algorithms: Management using Optimal Cyclic Quorums,” in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2017, Volume PP Issue 99, pp. 1-1.
- P. Lakhawat and A. K. Somani, “A Clustering based Prediction Scheme for High Utility Itemsets,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval, paper number KDIR17-RP-46, held at Madeira, Portugal, Nov. 2017.
- V. K. V. Yeleswarapu and A. K. Somani, “Efficient Parallel All-Pairs Computation Framework: using Computation - Communication Overlap,” in the Proceedings of 12th Intl. Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM 2017), Lublin, Poland, September, 2017.
- N. D. P. Avirneni and A. K. Somani, “Managing contamination delay to improve Timing Speculation architectures,” Peer J. Computer Science, August 2016.
- N. D. P. Avirneni, P. K. Ramesh, and A. K. Somani, ``Utilization aware Power Management in Reliable and Aggressive Chip Multi Processors,'' in IEEE Transactions on Computers, Volume: 65, Issue: 3, March 1 2016, pp. 979-991. DOI: 10.1109/TC.2015.2439277.
- T. Wang, K. Celik, and A. K. Somani, “Characterization of mountain drainage patterns for GPS-denied UAS navigation augmentation,” Machine Vision and Applications, January 2016, Volume 27, Issue 1, pp 87-101, DOI: 10.1007/s00138-015-0723-9.
- P. Shukla and A. K. Somani, “Tree Matching Using Data Shaping,” in Proc. of IEEE Big Data Congress 2015, New York, May 2015.
- N. P. K. Gorti and A. K. Somani, “Reliability aware dynamic voltage and frequency scaling for improved microprocessor lifetime,'' ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Vol. 47, No. 3, 2013, pp. 10-17.
- N. D. P. Avirneni and A. K. Somani, “Countering Power Analysis Attacks Using Reliable and Aggressive Designs,” IEEE Trans. Computers 63(6): 1408-1420, Jan. 2013.